Wednesday, April 25, 2012

How to feel better with Couleurz

Each moment has so many expressions that we may associate with colors, we don't realize what this one color can do to us (no I don't mean retail therapy) like there are days when I feel blue (mostly this month), or there are days that just pass in black n white....or I am green with envy when I see her wearing pink Jimmy Choo shoes ....


Painting by Couleurz
Fight with the dark
A dose of couleurz for today, a lot of things help me in my recovery and may be they might help you too (at least I hope)


So if your having a bad day, or are sick, or blue or green or pink or red, or was yelled at or feel nobody loves you, or you think you want to feel better then find something positive to do that brings you back to life....

^ I think painting is my therapy, for some its music, reading, sewing, sports, cooking, writing, biking, sleeping, and etc etc..... or working with colors, fabric, pencils, crayons, fruits, vegetables, words, sand, water....

Each of us is special in our own way, we try what satisfies our souls, as if we have achieved something, for me working with colors help me feel alive...

Moods that I put on canvas, sometimes dark sometimes light and colourful they say its spiritual development....doesn't has to be fancy it can be a sketch on paper, crayon marks anything;
like I just throw colors on canvas without thinking anyone will ever see them again....

I don't know what it does deeply but this is what artistic therapy is all about,
in plain words its holistic approach towards healing or say it makes us feel better.

I will quote art therapy according to an artist “Traditionally the rainbow and the rainbow-colours have always played an important part in anthroposophic painting therapy. But one must remember that the rainbow always comes into manifestation between the light and the darkness: There is a dome of lightness on the inside of every rainbow and darkness on its outside, the darkness of the clouds against which it appears. The rainbow is a beautiful image of the human being: Its seven colours can be looked upon as the purified human soul, the light and darkness on either side of it stand for the spiritual creative polarity that calls it into being. In the human being the polarity can be found in the light of consciousness and the darkness of the living organism in which creative and destructive processes are continuously at work”. (Liane Collot d’Herbois)


From what I read above about light and dark is not in context with good or bad, its more like our consciousness and warmth; both should be balanced. Art therapy helps people with so many illnesses, or emotional issues,
I will not go into the details of this but ask yourself what your inner color is like ....
Painting by Couleurz
Hope

“Therapies that restrict themselves to the confines of the individual soul can help resolve a neurosis, but if they do not call on the patient’s ego and thereby initiate a period of personal development, they can have no lasting effect. Nor can they truly heal”. Treichler, 1989, P334

Painting by Couleurz
Blue


Don't stop yourself from doing positive things that make you happy...below are few things that might keep me on the go:


^ Like when I wake up each day and think what I chose, happiness or grumpiness…

^ I don’t really care if I am not where I want to be in life yet...(at least not now when they are giving me heavy dose of painkillers so no pain in life at all, always drowsy)

^ Like how important I am to someone family and friends...(I personally think its until I get better on my feet again, then who knows what they make me do)
^ Like I don't have to do anything to make myself happy...(Oprah says it comes from within but I think its my drugs doing it for me)

^ Candles only this flavour Tuscan Olive mmm I really wish you could smell through this blog

^ Off course mom made soups for the time being...

^ Like watching fairy tales and laughing like crazy (why did we ever like them)

^ Hugs and care from loved ones...

I wish you find this and more, may you find that something to keep you alive and happy....


Until then you be safe and creative....










No comments:

Post a Comment

Be safe and creative, hugs from Couleurz