Monday, April 23, 2012

How I found my Anthropologie Dress Coat

This is my favorite dress coat that I was dreaming of all my life.

The cut, fit, hooks, design, couleur, fabric all was made for me. It keeps me so warm, mmm. Once upon a time, two months before last Xmas I saw it at Anthropologie, and fell in love; however the regular price that day was $300 something so I left it in the hope of a better day.

  On right, taken from Anthropologie 2011 catalog




So as per my Anthro shopping analysis, I kept going to the store every week. I would go around the store, my heart aching each time they moved the rack spot.

One fine day when I went in the store, couldn't find the coat anywhere on racks; so many things haunted my mind.

 a. What if the stock was all sold
 b. I am an idiot, should have bought that first day
 c. Should have bought, so what if I have to live on bread and water for a month...
 d. Will they still have my small size...












But then I said a silent prayer * always works, and I saw Sale Room door from the corner of my eye. I should have ran but I kind of just walked fast towards that room.

Side Note: First time when I revealed Anthro to my friend, I made her promise to keep her eyes closed when she enters Anthro, no peeping and open them only in this sale room. I did this to save her from going bankrupt.

My eyes started searching for my wonderful woolen coat on the racks everywhere.

Skirts, nope
Weird tops aa nooo
Jackets jackets where are you, pants…no
Coat- stay focused

Up Close with my coat

 And O my gosh I found it, hurry look now for the size; I kept looking for any possible fabric or hook damage in it. The price tag said 40% less. I knew that the price would go further down for Xmas sale; but I couldn’t bear to keep it away from me even for a second.

So I bought it, and took home my precious coat

 Oh and it doesn't end here, a week before Xmas there was a huge additional sale on these items, I had a bad migraine but that didn’t stop me from my hunt for the best bargain. So just to make myself feel better I begged my girlfriend to go store if my coat was further discounted. When she didn’t call me back in an hour I got concerned so I called Anthro store and was put on hold million times.

But I am so pleased to announce that all the outerwear were sold that day or else I would have been shedding blood tears right now. Anyways this was my story of finding an affordable Anthro garment, tell me how you found your dream dress or garment.

Until then be safe and creative…..




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be safe and creative, hugs from Couleurz