Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cookies with tea

I can't really do much physical work but I had a craving for cookies so I made these Gluten Free cookies today...
Finger Print Cookies

Do streches shake your body while you  mix:

1/4 cup -  sugar (I took less and adjusted in the end)

3/4 cup -oil  (I use melted purified butter for my allergies)

Now add:

1 or 2 - eggs and  mix well.

In a separate bowl mix below ingredients:

2 - cup plain flour ( I used Gluten Free bake mix flour a blend of rice and potato starch),

1 - tea spoon cumin seeds (you can use crushed almonds, peanuts, coconut, or anything you like  instead),

1.5 - tsp salt,

1 tsp - baking powder and mix well ( I did not use baking powder since my Gluten Free bake mix has starch and I am out of it too)

add these dry ingredients to the egg mixture and dance while you mix it.

Taste the mixture, to adjust salt or sugar, cumin seeds or whatever you used

Roll the dough 1-2 mm think on a greased surface, shape them using cookie cutter
(I used my hands, made small balls and pressed them flat using my fingers on the baking tray).

You can use all this dough or leave some like I zip locked remaining dough in the fridge for next day....

Put on the parchment paper on your baking tray and bake at 180 C (350F) for about 10-15 minutes or until light brown (after 10 minutes I turn them around sides, total 14 minutes after I turn off the oven and leave them inside until golden)

While you wait, do read my other posts and prepare your tea. Run the laundry and dishwasher....
Call your your friends and tell them what you did today... If not then tell you mom about your domestic accomplishments like baking cookies.....
Or just lay on the couch and snore....

Transfer to a wire rack, take a bite..burn your tongue and now let them cool for a while....

Enjoy it with your tea.... I had herbal tea mmmmm......



1 comment:

Be safe and creative, hugs from Couleurz